This guide assumes that you have access to the account in the polkadot.js UI. There are multiple wallet extension integrations if your account holding the KSMs you wish to bond for delegation is in an outside wallet (Math Wallet, Lunie, etc…). Let your Blockdaemon Account Manager know what wallet you are using, and they will instruct you on how to connect it to the polkadot.js interface.
- You will be able to revoke proxy status at any time! This will cancel any delegations that Blockdaemon does on your behalf.
- Kusama will also reserve a selected amount of KSMs when the transaction is complete. These will be released when you revoke the Proxy permission. (Currently 3.345 KSM on Kusama)
- It takes 28 days for tokens to be unbonded and available for transfer. Choose the amount wisely!
- Follow step-by-step instructions on the Kusama Claims website to Claim and Map your locked KSM.
- Please confirm that you can access the Kusama address on the following explorer: https://polkadot.js.org/apps/#/accounts
Confirm your account where your claimed KSM is accessible in the polkadot.js UI, https://polkadot.js.org/apps/#/accounts:
The account that holds the KSM you plan to bond for delegation will be referred to as your Stash Account going forward.
- Include “Stash” in the name of your Stash account.
- Keep 10 KSM unbonded if you wish to set an identity for the account:
- This is more important for Validators than Nominators, but if you would like your nominator address branded on the dashboard, you will need to set an identity.
Select the amount you wish to bond.
In the Staking tab, Account Actions (https://polkadot.js.org/apps/#/staking/actions), select +Stash.
Select your Stash Accounts, the amount you plan to bond, and where you want the rewards to go.
Do not bond your entire available balance. Keep a small amount for transactions.
Go to Accounts, then the Contacts tab, or follow this link: https://polkadot.js.org/apps/#/accounts/contacts.
Your Blockdaemon Account Manager will give you an account address that was created by our staking team, which will be the proxy Stash account for only your account.
Add this to your Contacts in the polkadot.js UI, so it can be accessible for the following steps.
Give it a name that makes sense to you, we recommend “Blockdaemon Proxy”.
- Go to the Extrinsics tab on the left, or follow this link: https://polkadot.js.org/apps/#/extrinsics
- Select the following options:
- Using the selected account:
- Submit the following extrinsic: “Proxy”
- Proxy: Account ID: <select the Blockdaemon Proxy account added to your contacts in Step 4>
- Proxy_type: ProxyType: “Staking”
- Then submit the transaction.
- You will need to sign, and there is a small transaction fee.
- You will see a reserve of KSM on your Stash Account (currently 3.345 KSM on Kusama). This will be unlocked when you revoke the proxy.
Once complete, send your Stash Account address to your Blockdaemon Account Manager, and they will move forward with setting up your delegations with the Staking team.
Updated 10 days ago