How to Stake SOL (Solana)
Solana is a high-performance blockchain offering 50,000 Transactions Per Second with low fees. Solana incorporates a suite of innovations into the project to enable such performance. Solana’s vision is to create a decentralized network of nodes that match the performance of a single node. SOL is the native token on the Solana network, and it’s easy to stake with Blockdaemon. This guide will show you how to stake with the Phantom Wallet extension. If you’re not using the Phantom extension, see our other Solana staking guides for: Phantom Wallet Mobile App, Ledger Live Wallet, Solflare Wallet, Solflare Mobile App, Fireblocks, Coinbase Prime, Copper, and Standard.
Here’s how to stake your Solana SOL tokens:
Step 1 – Access Your Sol Compatible Wallet
- To stake SOL you will need a Solana wallet and SOL tokens available. For this guide, we are using the Phantom wallet browser extension.
- Install the wallet and/or deposit your SOL tokens as needed.
Step 2 – Select Stake From Your Wallet
- Click the Solana icon.
- This will take you to your Solana balance.
- Click the Start earning SOL button.
- This will take you to the list of validators.
Step 3 – Choose the Blockdaemon Validator
- Enter Blockdaemon in the Search text field.
- This will filter the available validators.
- Click on the Blockdaemon Validator.
- This will open the Start Staking window.
Step 4 – Set Delegation Amount and Confirm
- Enter the delegation amount in the Amount field.
- Click the Stake button.
- This will bring up the Staking Sol window.
- After waiting a few seconds you will see the SOL Staked! confirmation window.
Congratulations. You are now participating in the Solana network.
Check out our Solana staking walkthrough video:
Interested in running your own Solana Validator? Send us a message to get started.
Updated about 2 months ago