Flow is a proof-of-stake blockchain designed as the foundation for a new generation of games, apps, and digital assets that power them. FLOW is the Flow network’s native token and is easy to stake with Blockdeamon. In this guide, you’ll learn how to stake FLOW tokens.
Follow the steps below to stake FLOW:
To stake FLOW, you need a Flow wallet and some FLOW tokens. In this guide, we’ll be using a Ledger device, but you can also use, for example, Blocto or Lillico. If you’re using a Ledger device, make sure that you’ve installed the Flow app on the device.
- Go to Flow Port at port.onflow.org and click Sign Up.
- Select Ledger, and then click Connect.
- In the pop-up window, click Connect.
- If you don’t have a Flow account, there’s a message saying you’ll have to create a new Flow account. Click Create New Account.
- The Flow dashboard opens, and you’re ready to stake FLOW.
- Click Stake and Delegate in the left sidebar. If you’re asked to upgrade your account, follow the steps on the screen.
- Click Start Delegating.
- Because you’ll be delegating your FLOW tokens to Blockdaemon, you have to enter the Blockdaemon node ID.
- The Blockdaemon FLOW Node Operator ID is:
- Copy the ID, and then paste it into the ID field.
- Click Next.
- Enter the amount of FLOW you want to delegate, and then click Continue.
- Carefully verify that the node ID and the amount you want to delegate are correct on the Transaction – Register Delegator page.
- Select I have reviewed the above information for correctness, and then click Submit.
- Click Connect to connect the Ledger device, and then follow the instructions on the device to complete the transaction.
- When you’ve approved the transaction on the Ledger, the Transaction Status page opens on the screen. If the transaction was completed successfully, there’s a message saying Transaction Sealed – Transaction Complete.
- Click Continue to return to the Dashboard.
- If you want to check the status of your staking rewards, simply click Stake and Delegate in the left sidebar.
Check out our FLOW staking walkthrough video.
Updated about 2 months ago