Launched in September 2017, Cardano is a peer-reviewed third-generation Proof of Stake blockchain. It is powered by the groundbreaking Ouroboros consensus mechanism. The network boasts strong governance, a treasury system and a way to upgrade the network without contentious hard forks. ADA is the Cardano network’s native token and is easy to stake with Blockdeamon. In this guide, we’ll show you how to delegate ADA tokens.
Follow the steps below to stake Cardano ADA:
- To stake ADA you will need a Cardano wallet and ADA tokens available. For this guide, we are using the Yoroi light wallet browser extension.
- Install the wallet and/or deposit your ADA tokens as needed.
- Click the Delegation List tab.
- This will take you to the Delegation List.
- Enter Blockdaemon in the Search By Id or Name field and click the green search button.
- This will display the available Blockdaemon Stake Pools.
- Choose a Blockdaemon stake pool (note: you can only delegate to 1 stake pool at a time).
- Click the corresponding Delegate button.
- You will see a Processing popup and then the CONFIRM TRANSACTION window.
- If you’re happy to proceed with the delegation, enter your Spending passwordand click DELEGATE.
- Once the transaction has been completed, you will see the SUCCESSFULLY DELEGATED popup.
- Note: With Cardano, you can only delegate your full wallet amount. If you want to delegate less, we recommend that you create additional wallets and split your ADA between them accordingly.
Congratulations. You are now participating in the Cardano network.
- Click the DASHBOARD PAGE button
- This will take you back to your wallet Dashboard
- Click the refresh icon to update Your Summary
You can also check out our Cosmos (ATOM) staking walkthrough video.
Updated about 2 months ago